www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Study-Labor-Work-Strive

The city bus can usually produce, some revelation in which, to write about.  Often times I can forget what came to light, because of the extremeness, of a normal day. I see a lot of different madness going on, as I am sure that most of you do. I am the kind of person that studies people, and the way that they act in different situations. Most of the time, I sit quietly, and go unnoticed. The only time that I draw any attention is when I laugh. Then they think that they did something that ticked me. I guess that they are correct, in their assumption, but not normally, for the reason that they are thinking.
You see these people that act like they are the only ones in an area. They can be found almost everywhere. In the Doctor’s office, Dentist office, grocery store, department store, and the city bus. They always make a grand entrance, with an undetermined amount of friends. It really only takes one friend. They don’t seem to recognize that anybody else is in the same area. They have to pick apart anything, that catches their eye sight, and nothing is sacred.
They usually talk at a volume, where all around knows their business, where anybody want to know, or not. Actually, I find most of it pure foolishness, and more often than not, that is why I laugh. When I do they will usually turn in my direction, smile, and laugh with me. I am sorry to say this, but it is the truth!! Most of the time that just makes me laugh all the harder, because they don’t have any idea, why I am laughing to begin with!!  
I must admit, that I am preaching to the choir right now, because there was a time that I thought that I was that important. I can see me all over, the way that most folks act, when they act badly. I will simply assume that getting older, takes care of a lot of these issues. However, I am sure that Jesus has the real solutions. The solutions that really change a life, and the way that we view things, can be found in the Bible.
The Apostle Paul wrote two scriptures, in which he started out, talking about study. Study is translated in the Strong’s as being eager or earnest to do something, to labor, or to strive. With all this going on Paul must have realized that this was going to take some effort to achieve. With a definition like labor, and strive; it must going to take a lot of work, to pull this one off!!
Let’s look at what these two scriptures tell us that we should be working to do. 1Thessalonians 4:11  And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; Do you wonder why this verse is in the Bible? Do you think that it is probably here by accident, or are you offended by this verse? Maybe we should simply leave this behind for now. Let’s see the other verse that Paul says that we need to study, to achieve a goal.
2Timothy 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Paul!! You child of the most high God!! Can these two verses be related or attached to each other? You have gone and done it now, and I thank you!!
No wonder Paul uses the word study in these two verses. These are two of the hardest things to do. Especially, for a busy body like I used to be. I thought that my business was spreading, the latest gossip, about your business!!
This next verse really had me wringing my hands together with confusion. How many of you know that God is not the author of confusion?  1Corinthians 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
I was thinking, and I have been taught that the blood that Jesus shed of the cross, automatically made me approved to God. I knew that I had to repent, or turn away from my sins. In doing this I thought that it made me alright with Father. The way that I read this it sounds like works are required, and the truth is that they are required!!
It doesn’t take even one work to receive Salvation. However once we receive the glorious gift of Salvation we should be more than willing to help, with the effort of changing. John 15:14  Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Is there any confusion about what Jesus is saying?  I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that Jesus will be the coolest person that you will ever meet. I also know that when He says something it is a good as written in stone!! We must do what He commands us to do, and our guide is the written Word, and the leading of Holy Spirit. That is if you want to be a friend of Jesus.
Father has done a lot for us, and our job is to show His goodness. The good thing is that He never calls us to do anything, which He will not equip us to do. We do these things because we love Him, and we want to be pleasing to Father. Study to show thyself approved unto God. It will take some works to pull this one off, but that is ok. James 2:20  But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 

           …….Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment