www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bubbly Spirit


I made a conscious decision not to attend a worship service today, because of a flat tire on my bicycle. I will go to Wal-Mart, yes the very beloved shopping district, of the people in the south, and purchase what I need to repair it, but not today. Speaking of Wal-Mart and definitely not about Jesus yet, but it is on the way. Have you saw the video’s titled, “People of Wal-Mart?” Apparently, folks just jump from bed, and head into our local Wal-Mart.  Then again, people do really shop dressed the way that they are depicted in these video’s.
I really feel good today. Most every day, I feel real good, and the Joy of the Lord, simply bubbles from my Spirit!!  I still get up most mornings, and do a little stretching and exercise routine. I ride my bike every day, (When the tire is not flat!!) and walk a little. That takes care of my physical issues, but let’s takes a look at why my Spirit is so bubbly.
Isaiah 51:11  Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.
I think that the prophet Isaiah was really on to something when he wrote this verse. The redeemed of the Lord. Just what does being redeemed means? Let’s look at a couple different definitions of redeemed. The old Webster’s dictionary of 1812 is in agreement with the Strong’s.   Ransomed; delivered from bondage, distress, penalty, liability, or from the possession of another, by paying an equivalent. Another non-religious dictionary that I often use is the Sage’s Dictionary and Thesaurus. The definition that is given for the word redeemed, and only definition is; Saved from the bondage of sin.
This could get to being a scripture fest real quick, but I don’t want to over-load you with too many scriptures. Although, I do want to look to the Word to prove the point that I am trying to make. Without the Word of God there would be no reason for me to be writing at all.
Ok,..this is what I will do. These two verses will show you, that you have been ransomed, or purchased. 1Coriantians 6:19-20  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?   For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
You might be thinking, “Well that’s all good, but I am not bubbly in my Spirit. Why aren’t I?” The answer can only be one of two things. Either you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, only you can say that for sure. Most likely the fact that you have not allowed that Saving grace to dwell in your Spirit is the culprit. The way to get the word of the cross, in every fiber of your being, takes a little work. You must read your Bible, and increase your faith. Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
You can increase your faith, by reading the entire Bible, from Genesis to the book of Revelation. However, my favorite author of the Word, in the New Testament, is the disciple John. There is no doubt that John had a very special relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. I am not trying to take away from any of the New Testament writers, but there seems to be something a little different about the writings of the disciple John. I would recommend that every Christian should read the books of John,1,2,and 3, and read them often, to understand how, that we know, the things that we think that we do know.
I will use the word, “Know,” as the key word. 1John 2:3  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 1John_2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in. 1John_2:20  But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 1John_2:29  If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him. 1John_3:14  We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
Now that you know that you are truly of the Lord, because of the cross, and the shed blood of Jesus. You can now begin to have a bubbly Spirit, just oozing with the joy of the Lord. Although, you will have to work on it, and the only way that I have experienced the joy of the Lord is through a relationship with Jesus. The only way, which I can tell you, is the way that it worked for me.
It takes time in prayer, or simply having conversation with the Lord. Don’t you realize, the first way to get the attention of God is by acknowledging, that He is there? Call upon the name of the Lord, and He will answer you. Psalms 116:17  I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
The second thing is give Father the credit that He is so worthy to receive. Revelations 4:11  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
I am going to have to split this post up. The more that I write, causes more to come to my heart. Part two is on the way…..
         ………Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment