www.billofrights.org

Friday, July 5, 2013

The Difference

I really don’t know how to explain this difference in my life here lately. I believe I know what, or who is the difference. I think that I will be bold enough to take a stab at what is really happening. In the book of John, chapter ten, and verse ten, Jesus is speaking. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
I can still remember just like it was yesterday, that I had lost the desire to live. I had gone to the point of taken a handful of pills, to assure myself of death. My life was a total wreck, and I couldn’t see any escape, except to end my life. I washed these pills down with three quarts of beer. The last things that I remember was seeing the proverbial bright white light and I was sure, that I had succeeded in my quest.
Needless to say I woke up the next morning, and I was very angry. I was sure that I had swallowed enough pills to do the job. I realized that the only thing that could have caused my failure was God. I went to cussing Him with all that I had inside of me. This caused nothing more than added torture to my already miserable life.
I really didn’t realize this, but at the time I was in the grasp of Satan. He almost had me to the point of checking out. Actually, I was to that point, but God wasn’t going to turn me loose. I had given my life to Jesus when I was seven years old, and Jesus hadn’t forgotten the contract that we had made together, even if I had forgot. There is a verse in John that makes me think of that deal. John 17:12  While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
I have said all this to point out the difference that a life with Jesus makes. I spent two years, or maybe more, in total misery, because of my rebellion to God. Satan was playing with me, like a puppet, dangling from a string. I must have been enjoying it, because once a knot would get loose, I would tighten it back up. Satan had me doing things that I never wanted to do, and I just couldn’t get far enough away to see the truth.
Have you ever heard that saying, “Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die right now?” That is so true for me today. I have no desire to die today, or any other day, in the next forty years. I do want to be in Heaven, but right now I am called to be on a mission. Jesus called me to go into all the world, and spread the news that He is alive, and willing to forgive the sins of all mankind!!
Now this simply tickles me to tears. I had gotten to the point where nobody had any real use for me. There was not a person on this earth that had anything that they needed doing, which would trust me to do it for them. I had become useless to society, and pretty much myself. Jesus had something for me, something that only I could do, in a way that only I could do it. Anybody can go on the Internet, and tell about the love of God, but only I could tell about my experience.
I have a great story to tell. I have been rescued from a pit so deep, that no one other than Jesus could have reached me. I know that I wasn’t in the deepest pit out there however, it was deep enough, and that others can relate to my story. We are all looking for something that we can relate to. Sometimes we feel that we are alone in our journey in life. That could not be farther from the truth. We are so much alike, and can’t see the similarities, because we are looking at the differences only.
Genesis 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:  If you think about it, if we were made in the image of Father, then shouldn’t we have more in common with each other? We were all created after the image of total perfection, with one difference. We are all missing that part of us, that makes us complete. That area inside the middle of us where that cold wind blows through. We try to fill that space with a lot of different things, but nothing quite fits. Nothing seals up the empty space, because only one thing is designed to fit into the open spot.
Father reserved a place in the center of us in which His Son, Jesus Christ can only fill. You may be thinking that there is a flaw in Fathers design. I can assure you that there is no flaw in anything that Father ever designed. Father is perfection, and His design on us is as perfect as He is!! Father gave us free will to choose the things, which we want to get out of our life. We get to choose what we want in our lives, as well as the things that we want to keep out of our lives.
Having the freedom to choose is the best blessing that we have today. When, and if we choose to give our lives to Jesus, it changes the way that Father looks at us. Once we accept Jesus as our Lord, and Savior, everything changes. I can’t express the strength, and power of the word, “Everything!!” The difference is as drastic, as the difference in night and day. This is the true difference. The difference between life and death!! Once you accept the blood of Jesus, as the sacrifice for your sin. You pass from death, to life forever more.

………Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment