www.billofrights.org

Friday, July 5, 2013

City Rat's, and Molested Duck's!!

The Saint John’s River flows about a half mile from where I live. I often go to the Landing to write this blog. The Landing is nothing more than a tourist trap, where the visitors of our city go. There are places to shop, and restaurants to eat at, and a lot of bars. Every weekend there is something to do, like free concerts, and touring tall sailing ships, and military ships also.
I like to go during the early morning hours, before anything gets started. During the weekday’s not much happens, other than those that work in the area, coming to eat lunch. There is the occasional tourist walking around, taking in the sights, which we have grown cold of viewing. Sometimes they will talk to me about the things, which they are interested in, and re-fire my imagination, once again. I guess that once you see the same thing over, and over again, it starts to lose the charm, that it once had.
I have never told my readers this yet. Today will be the first time. There is a creek, which runs through the property in, that I live on. You can see all kinds of animals at the water, but mostly birds. All kinds of birds enjoy the waters of the creek. The most prevalent are ducks, and then the geese. I really enjoy seeing the geese, but I really don’t care for the ducks.
The ducks to me are really not pretty when they come of age. There is something that happens to their appearance, when they get older. I don’t think this is true of all breeds of ducks, but the majority of these ducks are ugly. They have the appearance of being nasty also.
There are a lot of folks that take bread along the creek banks, and feed the birds. I never mess with going down there, because of the drinking, that becomes the major part, of the entertainment. I have been told that ducks have babies, like rabbits. Although, very few of them live, because they are eaten by the cats, raccoons, and rats. I have never seen a rat capture, or eat a baby duck. I never considered a raccoon a carnivorous beast either. I am sure that the neighborhood hawks make a meal of them.
Have y’all ever seen city rats? I reckon that city rats grow larger than country rats. The first time I saw city rats I was amazed. I was in Hemming Plaza here in Jacksonville. The sun was just about gone down, when the rats started coming out. They were everywhere, and so large, that I could hardly believe it. There is no wonder that they close the plaza at sunset!!
Do y’all realize that in the city of Jacksonville Florida, that it is illegal, to kill a duck. The entire state might have the same law, but I am not sure. Not only is it illegal to kill the duck, but it is a felony!! I guess that they are serious about their duck here in Jacksonville.
The reason that I know this is because, one of the residents of the complex that I live at, decided to kill one of the ducks. One of the duck loving folks around here saw him kill the duck, and they called the police. This was not the first time, which this man has been guilty of killing one, of the ducks.
I would guess that this might be the last time that he kills a duck in the city. He didn’t even kill the duck to eat it. According to the witness’s at the scene of the crime, this man simply clubbed the duck to death. Then he picked up the duck, and tossed it into the creek.
That one senseless act of violence cost the man dearly. He lost the residence that he lived at, because this happened on the property. He even lost his job, because he worked here doing security work. I believe that he is still in the penal system, because he can’t bond out, and the county is making money off him being locked up.
You can never know the outcome of a bad decision made in haste. I don’t know if this man had a criminal background already. If he already had two felony charges against him, then it will be bad news. Here is the State of Florida they will throw the book at you for a third charge. Even if they don’t he will be in the system for a minimum of two years. He will get probation, for an undetermined amount of time. He will lose his right to vote, and possess a firearm. It will go on his record, and could cost him his next chance at employment.
We need to choose the actions that we do with wisdom. Especially if you are a blood bought, child of God, because; 1Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: There is a solution to that small problem, and it is found in the book of John. This one verse not only identifies our major problem in life, but it also provides the only solution that we will ever need.
John 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Is there anyone that really doesn’t want a more abundant life?


        ………….Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment