www.billofrights.org

Thursday, July 18, 2013

No Turnin' Back!!


Hey Y’all!!        Ain’t God good!!             I bet that you’re thinking, that I am fixing, to tell you a great story, of how God is blessing me. Did I hit the billion dollar Florida lottery? Did a long lost relative pass on, and leave their great wealth to me? Have I won a contest, and now I am set for life? Do you realize that the goodness of God has absolutely nothing, to do with any of these things? God is good, simply, because He is!!
I myself have had a huge problem, with coming to terms, with the absoluteness of the Trinity, in its entirety. Let’s fast forward to what God wants from us. He wants us to Love Him in a way, which is really like the way, that we want to be loved. He wants to for us to put Him first, when we find issues in our life. He wants us to rely on Him, for all of our needs, both great and small.
Father really wants us to have fellowship with Him. He actually created us to worship, and praise Him, simply, because He is worthy. He wants for us to teach our children about Him, and share our fellowship with those in our lives telling them, about how good that He is. He wants for us to live our lives, in such ways, that folks don’t have to ask why we are happy. He wants us to trust Him with our lives, and everything that is in our lives completely.
What Father really wants from us in our actions can be summed up in one verse in His Word. It can be found in the book of Micah, in the sixth chapter, and the eighth verse. Micah 6:8  He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
To do, or act justly. Would you think that could mean to consider the welfare of others, before those of ourselves? Yeah, that is what I am figuring that He means by part of it. I know that it is hard, when somebody has something worth a few thousand dollars, and only wants a few bucks for it. T really would not be acting justly, if we just paid them what they ask, and went down the road.
To love mercy has a special meaning. I believe that we should love mercy to the point, which we show it to others. If we truly loved mercy we would look, for the opportunities to give it to those in need of mercy. Mercy can come in several different forms. Kindness is only one of them, and so is pity. We don’t all have the same capacity for knowledge, and sometimes folks just make mistakes. You never can tell what is really going on with people, unless you know them well enough to know what they have gone through.
How many people are in your life today, which would have a hard time keeping secrets from you? It can be from the number zero, to multiple numbers. The truth is that few of us, have that many different people in our lives that we can trust. The trust factor is where I am really getting at, because it takes time to get to the point of building up trust in a relationship.
Now consider the amount of people that you encounter in your life, on any given day. Don’t forget to include work, school, riding the bus, church, Doctor Visits, and trips to the grocery store. All these people act in different ways from each other. I dare to say that some folks you might think never had any raising, or raised by a pack of wolves at the best!!
Now, out of all these folks, you can bet out-number the friends and family, which you have a close relationship with. That is where that I was heading. Out of all these folks, do you ever show some of them mercy? Do you look for the opportunity to show mercy? Maybe you are one of those waggers. A wagger is a person that the best, in which they can do, is wagging your head, and usually it is in disgust!!  This goes back to the pack of wolves’ theory. I can honestly say that I have been guilty of these kinds of action more, than I really do care to admit!!
If I am preaching to anybody, then I am on the first row of guilty as charged!! Can I get real with you for a second? My relationship with Jesus has grown to the point, which Holy Spirit, seems to keep me under conviction about something. This gives me great hope, and the opportunity to include another scripture. Hebrews 12:8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 
I know that you get what I was saying about doing justly, and loving mercy. I believe that these first two things need to be achieved to some degree, before the third is even possible. Walk humbly with your God. What does walking humbly mean? To walk simply means to spend time with Father. To follow Him wherever, that He might be going, and share conversation with Him. Being humble is honestly the act of knowing, and understands who you are. If you know these things, there is no need to get puffed up, or become arrogant.
If this is all that Father wants from us. Shouldn’t that make Him, unspeakably good? Then I was right to begin with, when I said that He is good, simply, because He is!!!!!
……Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment