www.billofrights.org

Friday, February 1, 2013

They don't know that we exist.


I am beginning to believe that everywhere that I go there is some kind of confusion going on. Maybe it is the way of the world. I think that has to be it. It is not that chaos is simply following me. It is this sinful world that we live in, and my acute heightened awareness to the evil that exist today. The Word says that there is nothing new under the sun, so that means that the only thing that has changed is myself. The honest truth is that I don't have a problem with that change. Actually, I embrace the change.
I was caught up in a form of madness today at McDuff. I went and told the boss that he was going to have trouble with one of the students. I really didn't go into any specific details I just keep it very general. Not too long after that another student came to him with much more detail than I did. He was new, and didn't feel like this man action were appropriate in a Christian environment. He was right by feeling that way, but it is very common in this environment.
Less than an hour away from when it first started it was on the verge of becoming full blown. This is one of the craziest settings that you can ever find to train, and empower fresh Christians. I know this because I made it through the basics, and now I am in the transition process. Everyday here poses a new, and different situation to overcome. A lot of folks don't make the cut, and some of those that hang in for eighteen months do so without ever  allowing anything to change in their lives.
Y'all know that I was pretty upset about the fact that they handed me a letter to leave McDuff. I thought that it could have been handled in a more professional style than it turned out. I don't have a problem with what I achieved while I was there. It was life changing, and I need a life change. I praise the Lord for the difference in my life than only He could have made.
I do have a problem with handling what I feel since I moved to the mission. There has not a day passed that I have been made to feel like I am welcome to be there. The real deal is that I am not being over sensitive about the way that I feel. I know this because the rest of the transition students are in the same boat. It is like we are all walking around on egg shell scared to death that we will do something to outrage a person who is in control our immediate destiny. Maybe if i can jump through that high hoop......Oh, Oh,....I know,.....Let's set it on fire!!
Yeah,........What happened to the teaching about following in the footsteps of Jesus?      What happened to the part of doing unto others like you would have them to do unto you?     I don't know how a bunch of folks that represent a Christian organization can be so far away from what they teach?
I do need to say that there is one man at the mission who has treated me nothing less than a brother ever since I have know him. He is the same man every time that I see him. I can't call his name, but for those that will read this with bad intentions toward me, ( you and Jesus know who you are!!) I will say this, and only this,.......K.M. K.M. Has never made me feel like I was just a burden on others. He has always lifted me up to be a part of the human race, and never even threatened to place his foot on my neck!!

Anyway, .....Yesterday was an all time letdown of letdowns.     They started passing out letters once again. This time they passed out two different types.       One was for a glorified labor pool that they call it now a staffing agency.             Now ain't that something?                Times must be hard at the present time that the best that they can come up with as far as work in a glorified labor pool. It kinda makes me wonder if there are companies out there that know about our existence.
I would think that there are some companies in as large of a city as Jacksonville Florida that would love to hire some of these folks!!                Is a company looking for dedication?          Will taking 18 months off from the rest of the world to follow the teachings of Christ to improve our lives count?            Does anybody know that during that 18 months we have achieved our G.E.D.'s if we didn't have them already?             Or the fact that we know know how to saves lives using C.P.R. Techniques, and can use a heart defibrillator if needed.      We also have training in general first aid, and can handle victims choking to death.
We have learned money management skills, and we know how to work within the guidelines of a budget.      We have general computer skills which is a lot better than no skills what-so-ever.    We have even taken safety training classes, and most of us have a fork lift license.              Don't you think that we have learned some great people handling skills in 18 months?
What company would not give us a chance to work for them?      Especially since they get a reasonable tax break from the Government just for hiring us.       I think that I know why companies are simply not lining up to hire a graduate of this program.       It has to be the fact that they don't know that we exist.       There is nobody telling these companies about the quality of people that come through this program.
As far as I can tell there must not be a person in charge of an exit plan, little lone a successful exit plan.      If they had a reasonable plan of action to execute a lifelong plan of worship....
It may just simply be me.             Maybe I got much more from my commitment that I made to God than the average person does.            I went into this trying to prove whether the Lord really exist or not, and I walked out a fully Armored warrior!!               Full of power and might, and they offer me a chance to walk the fields of a landfill to pick up trash that is blowing around?                 Am I the only one that thinks there is something wrong with that picture?

…...........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment