www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Stranger things have happened


I am not sure why, but last night it was about 11:30, and I woke up just as the R.A. (Resident Assistant) was walking into the room. I always sleep with a blind fold on, and ear plugs buried, so deep that they are hard to get out. I don't know what I was thinking, because this happened every night. Part of their job is to check on us, and this is normal behavior.
I removed my blind fold, and watched him, as he strolled through the Room. When he got to the other end he walked back up, and started to go out the door. I heard a noise coming from the first room with my ear plugs buried deep. I watched the R.A. stop walking out the door, and he headed straight toward the noise that we both heard.
I can be nosy at times, so I took my ear plugs out quickly. I had a feeling that I needed to hear what was about to go down. It didn't take but about two minutes when the R.A. came out of the room with three of my buddies following after him. As they headed out the door together I knew that somebody had been caught doing something that they didn't supposed to be doing. I knew that they were going to take either a drug, or alcohol test.
Within five minutes the lights came on, and one of my buddies started packing up his stuff. Actually, two of the had been caught drinking. They told the third one that had not been drinking, that he was as guilty as the others since he didn't tell on them.
As of this morning the two that were guilty have been put out for seven days. They will come back at that time there case will be reviewed. That is standard procedure for any serious violation. I don't know what they are going to do with the guy who knew what they were doing. I surely hope that nothing happens, because I know what happens when you do tell them things. I did it once, and they made me out to feel like a fool. I will never tell them anything again!!
I really can't imagine it going in my two friends favor seeing how they are trying to clear us all out to begin with. However, stranger things have happened. I know that part of the reason of why that they started drinking was attributed to the behavior that they receive from the mission. I personally don't receive that well, as an excuse.
Although, if we were playing the blame game that would be a wonderful excuse. I simply can't see why you would dedicated eighteen plus months of your life to following Jesus Christ and then blow it. However, I do know what happened. The same thing can happen to any of us, at any given time, if we let it.
Somewhere in the past they took their focus off of Jesus, and put it on something else. The same thing Peter did when walking on the water toward Jesus. His focus went on to the wind blowing, and the waves crashing. Then he began to sink.
Maybe these two took their eyes off Jesus when the mission started messing with them about leaving. Maybe they took their eyes off over some other reason. The truth is that something became more powerful to them, than Jesus was. Whether it was a fear factor, or some other unrelated issue that took precedence in the lives of those men I do know.
I do know this; Satan is behind every evil decision that we make. He hates us, and wants to kill us!! He is the one that sets the distractions up in our lives to get our focus off of Jesus. He doesn't want to see us doing well, and growing in the Grace of Father. It is up to us to go to war against Satan every chance that we get, but only if we want a Spiritual life according to Jesus. Sometimes we have to take our walk by force!!
Do you realize that the only people that have any Spiritual trouble are the ones that follow Christ? Satan don't mess with his own crowd. They have made their choice, and he is happy with the way that they are. If we are to follow Christ it is very important that we stay prayed up at all times. If we happen to take our eyes off of Jesus there is no telling what horror awaits around the corner with our name on it.

…..........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment