www.billofrights.org

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Don't half step a bit


Some people that have had an experience with God write stories about what happened. I am an extremist. I pretty much have been most of my life. I also am a man full of passion. There is a fire inside of me burning with a passion for the things that I love. No matter what it is that I fall in love with I am truly dedicated to it's cause.
If I had been living back in the day of Jesus I would have made a great, and I mean great Pharisee. I would have probably been in contention with Saul. I like rules. I don't know how to act without rules. Those jokers took ten commandments, and turned them into over six hundred laws. I know that was a bit extreme, but hey, I am an extremist at heart.
I am so grateful for the Bible, because it keeps me right on track. Jesus said that everything that we need to know breaks down on one main principle. That is the principal of love. Love the Father with everything that you have in you. All you heart, mind, and soul. Don't half step a bit, simply love with every fiber of your being.
There is a second part to that that I have really had a hard time with. It goes like this; Love your neighbor as yourself. Jesus said that all of the law, and the prophets rested on these two actions. If we can just love in the manner that this says to love. Everything else will take care of itself. Now, that really sounds just too good to be true.                        Don't it?
If you would just take a few minutes to think about it. It will start to make more, and more sense to you. First off Father is nothing more than the purest essence of love. Everything that He does is based on love. There is nothing that He does, or has done, that is not motivated by love. He even sent His son Jesus to redeem us back to Father out of love for us. Jesus came, because of His love for Father.
Now, if we would love the Father with everything that is in us thing would be much different. Actually, if we could act like He is always with us, and He is. We would be totally different folks in general.             I know that I would!!            There wouldn't be all this getting angry, and cussing up a storm. We would not hold the things in at work, and bring it home, and take it out on those that we actually love the most.
Just a thought: I wonder if Jesus was sitting on the city bus if these parents with little children would act the way that some of them act? I get as mad as an old wet kitty sometimes, at the way that they treat those children. I just hold my tongue so far, but I fear the day when I can't hold it any longer!! If the parents wouldn't yell, and scream the way that they do most of the time, the children would not be that bad. Most adults know that children make a certain amount of noise anyway. I love to hear children when they are happy, and playing. I understand that they cry when something is wrong also.
While I am at it; If you are one of those that I am talking about. Please act like you love your kids in public. If you teach them at home they would act better. It is OK to turn off the Jerry Springer show, and play with, and teach your kids. If you really don't want them,then they would be much better off with someone that does.
OK.......The second part is the one that has given me the most trouble. Love you neighbor as yourself. Loving myself was a real challenge for a long time, and still is to certain degrees. Most of my life I thought that I loved myself, but how could I have been trying to kill myself at the same time. I was drinking plenty of alcohol, and doing all kinds of different drugs. It was only by the grace of God that I didn't get aids with all that unprotected sex that I was having. I smoked cigarettes, pot, crack, and anything else that I thought might give me a buzz.
If you have been reading this on a regular basis then you know what kind of addiction problems that I had with tobacco. I knew that it wasn't good for me, and had the chance to kill me, but I could not quit. I had to put it into the hands of the Lord. I have not smoked in twenty one months!! Jesus was my solution to a severe problem.
I am out of room to write anymore. I give myself a certain amount to write in. I took too much space about the parents on the buses with their kids. Some do the same way in public stores also. I know that I supposed to love them also, and I do.                  I surely hate the way that they act though!!

…..........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment